Friday, April 13, 2012

How To Save 20 Minutes Tomorrow, With 5 Minutes Today

Life Hacks

Getting ready in the morning. Sometimes even just saying those words makes me sick to my stomach. Everyone hates getting ready, except for these mythical creatures called 'morning people' who apparently exist and actually enjoy waking up early and moving. I've heard these creatures are rare and can be detrimental to your health. Anyways, I've got some life hacks that will make your morning routine be about 20 minutes less with 5 minutes worth of work the day before. Simple, easy, and has a huge payoff. So pay attention:
  • Lay out your clothes. I can't emphasize this enough. Picking an outfit, getting it out, and putting it on is about 1/3 of all of our morning routines, admit it. Just take a few seconds right now, go to your closet, pick out what you'll need for tomorrow, and lay it out somewhere. Trust me, this will save you a lot of energy and effort, which is a goal I religiously try to follow. 
  • Brush your teeth in the shower. Okay, this might sound gross to some of you, and I don't know why. I mean, it saves you time, and you are going to do it anyway, so get over it and do it if you have to. Just make sure to remember to put some toothpaste on there before showering. Now that would be gross.
  • Use 2 in 1 Shampoo/Body Wash. I admit, this is more for the dudes out there, because more girls I would assume do not use this kind of body wash/shampoo. But for girls, if you don't plan on using 2 in 1, I'd recommend just cutting down on the sheer amount of bottles and washes and cleansers that you use if you are in a rush. As long as your smell okay and your hair isn't just-rolled-out-of-bed, trust me, you'll be okay. Using 2 in 1 Shampoo/Body Wash cuts down on my routine pretty significantly. Instead of having to haul 2 bottles and use both separately, why not do it all at once? It makes sense people.
  • Line up everything you need for the day before that day. What I mean is take 2 minutes and lay out your keys, wallet, purse, phone, pens, pocket knives, whatever it is you'll need for that day before that day arrives. Also included in this list is backpacks, people. Pack 'em before you start sprinting trying to get ready, trust me, it'll save you some pain from tripping on something.
Don't end up looking like this guy.

Well, there you have it folks! My 5 minute plan (if done now) to save you 20 minutes tomorrow. Because that 20 minutes could be 20 more minutes to get to work, or 20 more minutes of sweet, sweet, sleep, and who doesn't want to pass up on sleep?

-M

1 comment:

  1. Payday cash upgrades, Salaryday and Size Usecured bank loans, at the side of Automobile set up Usecured bank loans. selection people target aiding you choose for the how do auto title loans work proper loan product in addition to product and services to help you to satisfy your affordable desires.

    ReplyDelete